Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Weekend Rewind

Sunday was a good day. I preached what I call a maintenance message. It was about the role of preaching in the Church, and why it is so important in our weekly services. My hope is that when people come to church they don't just hear a good message, they hear the exact message that they need to hear that day. I want to preach messages that are timeless, but also messages that are timely.

I was also blessed to take a break from the worship team. It is great to sit in the congregation and experience worship. I am still very pleased with the intense involvement that the second service crowd is showing in worship the last four Sundays.

FYI. I have a good attendance report to give you. Our low Sunday the last four weeks was 147, our high Sunday was 167. That is the highest non-holiday attendance of our church's history! If everyone showed up at the same time our attendance would be way over 200, but every Sunday there is a different 30 people absent. Keep praying for the Lord to show us how to gain more space.

No comments: