Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Normal Christian LIfe

A Life Like Jesus

Last week we began looking at some ways of defining the normal Christian life. We often have wrong concepts of what we think God says is normal for one of his children. We want to judge the state of our Christian life by the Word of God.

One aspect of a normal Christian life is this, it is a life like Jesus. What was Jesus like? We find him in the Bible in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. He is further described in the rest of the New Testament.

The normal Christian life is one that is constantly growing and changing to be more like Jesus. No, I don't wear sandals and I am not a carpenter. However, I want my actions and my attitudes to be more like the actions and attitudes of Jesus all the time. If Jesus were born in 1971 and was 35 today, how diferent would I be from him? That is the honest question I must ask myself every day.

Consider these Scriptures that tell us what Jesus was like.
Philippians 2:5
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.
John 13:15
I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you
1 Corinthians 11:1
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
Titus 2:7-8
In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness 8and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
1 Peter 2:21
To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
Phillipians 3:10
10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

To be more like Jesus I need to develope these things:
The Attitudes of Jesus
The Actions of Jesus
The Attraction of Jesus

The Afflictions of Jesus

No comments: