Thursday, March 22, 2007

Golf in the Snow


Last Saturday Tony Rowden and I thought we should get out and play some golf. After two holes, it started to snow. We were bummed, but continued to finish the front nine. Here are ten actual comments we made while playing golf that we never though we would make, ever!


10. I got a boggie no that one, argh, I just swallowed a snow flake.

9. Did you see my shot? No, I have a snow flake in my eye!

8. Ya' know, Spring starts next week.

7. It's nice to have the course to ourselves.

6. This is not flurries!

5. I think cold air delrium is setting in.

4. Do winter rules apply?

3. Look at that snow flake it's huge?

2. How will I track my ball in the air? The ball will be grey on a background of white.

1. I think we are getting some accumulation.

2 comments:

Chip Nelson said...

BEING A CONFIRMED ATHIEST I CAME ACROSS A 90 YR OLD MAN ON A FAIRWAY THE OTHER DAY WHO LET ME PLAY THROUGH AND TALKED WITH ME A BIT AS I EAGLED A PAR THREE WITH HIS PERMISSION. WHEN I LOOKED BACK TO SEE HOW HE WAS, HE WAS GONE. THERE IS NO WAY GIVEN THE SPEED OF GOLF CARTS THAT ANYONE COULD HAVE DISAPPEARED THAT FAST. FURTHER, THERE WAS NO RECORD OF HIS EVER BING IN THE CLUB LOG BOOK BACK AT THE PRO SHOP.

IS IT POSSIBLE, THAT GOD (IF THERE IS ONE) SENDS MESSENGERS IN HUMAN FORM?

ALL HE REALLY TOLD ME WAS HIS AGE AND THEN ON MY EAGLE, TOLD ME, YOU CAN TAKE THAT AS A HOLE IN ONE.

FEEL FREE TO IGNORE THIS COMMMENT. AND IF YOU DIDN'T, THANKS FOR READING IT.

Pastor With Coffee said...

Hey Chip,

Totally YES!

God does send messengers in human form and we find them in the Bible several times. Here is the kicker! When God sends a messenger like the one you met, the messenger will point you to a PERSON who will begin to share the truth of God with you. The messengers are not allowed to lead you to Jesus, they are intended to point you to another person who will lead you to Jesus God's Son.

What a cool experience you had. I love it! Let me know where it leads you next.

Paul