Thursday, June 28, 2007

Father's Friday

I want to try and get some good parenting info out for everyone. I am going to attempt to make Friday's, "Father's Fridays," and Mondays, "Mother's Mondays." Friday and Monday will be family oriented blogs. I have been thinking about this for about two weeks.

Well, here goes the first one.

I was in a small group Bible study with several folks who are older than me this week. I know them all well and know their families. I asked this question of them, because I have been struggling to help several families in a certain situation.

I asked, "How do you deal with the stress of unsaved children?" Here are their answers.
1. Be there for them always. Show unconditional love.
2. Release them to God. You can not attempt to control their lives, that will drive them away.
3. Witness to them. Don't be shy about Jesus Christ.
4. Live the life. Make sue they can observe your faith and good deeds.
5. Never give up.
6. Gently influence. Don't beat them over the head with religion.
7. Never underestimate a grandparent's influence. People remember special things from grandparents.

This is not my advice, but the advice I gained from several good friends. I really liked what they had to say. By the way, this is the great kind of conversation that you can glean from in a Small Group at First A/G. Get in one!!!

No comments: