Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wednesday Night Live

Last night was a real treat. We had some battles, but let me give you some cool notes.

1. I was able to practice with a High School student who is helping with worship. Last night sounded awesome!!! Then a electrical connection in my electric guitar broke and we had to make some changes. Worship on Wednesday is getting a lot better very quickly.

2. I was very excited about the message for last night. It really builds a great foundation for allowing God to use every part of your life.

3. My wife was nearly hit in a car accident on the way to church when a man ran a stop sign. She said it was like God physically slowed him down, even when he was not even looking in Stephanie's direction to know the impending danger. We are extra grateful because this week we just paid our vehicle off and have been very excited about it. An accident would have been a real downer!

4. Then, when my wife arrived at church we ran into a major problem because Elizabeth made a major potty training error. It was a few minutes before Stephanie was scheduled to teach her class and she had no clothing for our girl. Into the bathroom walks Ann saying, "Hey Steph, my daughter Kelly told me to bring you this bag of hand-me-down clothing tonight for Elizabeth. Do you want me to bring it in now or after service?" Well, our child was soon dressed and in her own class.

God had some special plan for last night. I don't know all of what that plan was, but he is working. After the Bible study we had a great time of prayer and made some special commitments to God.

No comments: