Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Learning Curve For Prayer

There is a learning curve for prayer. This week I have learned that prayer must be learned by practice, not lessons and talking about it. The only way to learn to pray is practice the thing. Can I say trial and error? I mean really, you have to just start talking to God.

Why am I learning this at kids camp? because at youth camp it seems so natural for everyone to pray and seek God in response to the message they have just heard. But, you have say, 650 youth campers. 550 to 600 of them go to church, and or have been going to kids camp for years and know the general method of praying at the altar. At kids camp it is totally different. Many of the kids have no idea. Kids camp is like revival incubation!

When I get home I am going to have to work on this one a whole lot more. We as parents are going to have to work on this a whole lot more. Our kids need to learn to pray. I have to teach mine, you have to teach yours. Let's teach them by doing it!

No comments: