Friday, August 10, 2007

We are Tired



We are tired of business meetings. It is hot. Steph and I emplyed the new dress code at Council this year. The business sessions the last two days have been extra long. We did not skip out early like a lot of people. In the final voting our votes counted more and more because there were fewer and fewer people present.

The last amendment passed was a motion to appoint a study on the possibility of expanding voting in future General Councils to the Internet. If we can bank online and do our AG financial services investing online securely, why can't we vote and give the missionaries overseas the opportunity to vote too? Well, there are some questions that need to be answered, but the idea seems promising to me. I don't want to have General Council attendance drop off, but including those who can not attend is a good idea.

I think I am pretty accurate in this, but I think that by the time this amendment was made there were less than 500 voters in the meeting because it was really late in the day, after 5:30 p.m., almost 6:00 p.m. That is really late considering that the evening missions service started at 7:00 three blocks away. So, less than 500 of us passed the study to look into online voting. I am glad I was there to vote on that one. The other 3,500 voters missed that one!

No comments: