Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Shadows and Fog Update


I always want to do my best to keep my finger on the pulse of our church. This week I learned a few things and had another item confirmed. On Sunday we responded to the message from Judges chapter three by coming forward and sticking it to the fat man (read Judges 3 to get the meaning). Here is what I learned.
First, when we are honest and open before the Lord we realize that we have a lot of imperfections and that God has a mountain of grace to help us grow through our tough times. 45 people came forward and stuck it to the fat man. They chose to stab their fat man by giving God their huge, super sized problem.
Here is what was confirmed to me. 12 of 45 cards stuck to the fat man pertained to money, debt, or finances. I think I know why the Lord directed me to do the series on financial success in October and November. Let's keep praying. I am trusting God for some miracles this week as a result of our commitments on Sunday!!!

No comments: