Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend Reflection

Sunday was the last day of our missions convention. We had a good offering and our guest, Missionary Doug Corbett did a great job. His message was very timely for several people who have responded to me in the last 24 hours about it. Since he is an AG World Missionary with Convoy of Hope he talked about compassion ministries a lot before he got into the Word.

At the end of the service a woman came into the church and looked very distressed. I sat down with her and found out that she needed food for her three children. I had to break away to answer a question about the missionary offeirng and in the process a man gave me $100 to go and get her some food. We prayed with her before they left for the store. I sent Zelda and Sylvia with her and they filled a cart ful of food at Wal-Mart.

God is good. He provides in amazing ways. The young woamn said she would like ot come to church on Wednesday night and I am looking forward to it!

No comments: