Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend Rewind

This weekend was a beautiful weekend. Stephanie and I drove to Jefferson City, Missouri, for my tax appointment with my friend and accountant Mike Forck. Mike is a great Christian and an accountant with great ethics. I met Mike when I first became a Christian. I attended High School with his daughters, Julie and Jill, graduating with Julie back in the 20th century.

After the tax appointment we had dinner with friends, David and Erica White. Erica is another High School friend. We had a great time together. We had Hunan's Chinese for dinner. It is the best Chinese in the world. Even better than China!

Saturday we worked on teaching Gabe to ride a bike without training wheels. It was a beautiful day to take the kids to the trail in Washington. Saturday night we had dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory on the Landing, in St. Louis. We met up with Jamie and Tasha Kemp. Jamie was a youth sponsor in the Jr. High youth group at Central AG while we were on staff there. He went on to great things at Calvary Church in Naperville, IL, near Chicago. Now he is going on the mission field. It is very exciting. I hope to have him visit our church in September. He and Tasha are going to a very difficult mission field.

Sunday was a great day. I felt a huge amount of passion about the message. We are studying Jonah and his chance to minister outside his religious sub-culture. We had a great testimony from last week from a man who responded to last week’s message and God gave him a unique chance to share his faith. I am sure that this week will be great too. I believe God will give us chances to share Jesus outside our religious sub-culture.

Sunday afternoon we went to the park with some friends form church and then had dinner together. I did the meat and others did the potatoes and mac-n-cheese. I was exhausted!

Sleep please.

No comments: