Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Rewind

Sunday was a beautiful day. It was sun-shiny and we had a great morning at church. Worship was great. After church I said to my wife, "Now that's the kind of church I want to pastor." I want to encourage and commend our church for their worship. Often people come into the church service with problems or bad feelings. A great time of worship like we had in both of the services Sunday helps to minister to people. When we all worship together we all get more from God.

The message on Sunday was good for me personally. It was one of those messages that impacted me on several levels as I was preparing it. It was great to see so many people respond to the message at the end.

Sunday afternoon I went to New Haven, MO to lead worship at the Assembly of God church there. I will be going again this coming Sunday. If you attend First AG in Washington, are musically inclined, and would like to help in the next few weeks let me know.

Finally, our Small Group met on Sunday night this week instead of Friday. So, by the end of the day I was very tired. I left my house at 7:00 a.m. and returned again at 8:something p.m.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too was very pleased with Sunday's service. Even though I can't hear a thing, I really liked the music that was chosen as well as the sermon. It spoke quite a bit to me and I was very pleased. I have not found anything at church that has not pleased me. Everyone is a wonderful "family mamber". You are to be greatly blessed for all the work you do and on how you have helped me to continue to grow in spite of my difficulties.

Pastor With Coffee said...

Thanks Kristina,

FYI. I was thinking about you before the second service and made sure I spit out my gum!

Paul