Thursday, June 12, 2008

Relay for Life

Tomorrow is the Relay for Life. I am looking forward to making some new friends who have been invited to join the First AG teams. This is one of those times when we can not only invite those outside our church to attend something we are doing, but to work with us for a common goal.

I am personally interested in this because my grandfather died with cancer after several bouts with it. He did very well until his last few months, so well that I can't remember seeing him sick until the end of his life. I visited him in the hospital but he never seemed mortally threatened. I am also participating because I have an uncle who is currently fighting cancer. My cousin Matt got me interested in the Relay when he told me that he purchased a luminary for our grandfather a few years ago. Now I have finally gotten around to being involved.

No comments: