Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School

Today was the first day of Kindergarten for my boys. (Ben and Gabe are twins so their first day is the same day.) They did great. It was cool to see them marching off to class with all the other kids.

I know this sounds selfish, especially watching all those moms crying this morning as they left the school, but my primary feeling was, now I am old. I have always felt young since I did not have kids in school. Now I am old.

All the marriage counseling stuff I have read says that the school years, and teen years primarily, are the toughest years of marriage. I am praying that I get an extra dose of wisdom along with this new sense of "old." I will need it in the next few years I am sure.

I am looking forward to Stephanie having a lighter load at home this year. That, I hope, will be great for her, and for us all. God is good!

No comments: