Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend Rewind

Sunday was a very good day. We had a large attendance. It was great to see people that we had invited to church attending.

Worship was great. I think that we figured out the volume levels in the room finally. In the second service I could hear people in the congregation singing over the sound system. I think they were really excited by the worship time. I don't usually hear the congregation over the sound system!

The message was titled, "The Loving Response to the Homosexual Movement." People really responded to the message. People were literally in tears at the end of both services! People left with a powerful sense of hope. It really is essential that we as Christians talk about the Biblical viewpoint of every subject. Jesus Christ is not intended to affect and effect your church time only, but every part of our lives. I think that we need to preach on the tough subjects. That is why we do the "Sizzling Summer Hot Topics" series each Summer. We just let everyone know, we are going to talk about things that make people uncomfortable.

I have not posted the sermon on the church web site yet, it needs some editing. In the service in which the recording was done I had something in my throat that really messed me up! I want to edit out some pauses, coughs, and throat clearing before it is posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2nd service that I attended was totally awesome!! Even though I can't hear, I really got a lot out of it. The worship was fantastic and out of this world! I think you did a great job in spite of the throat problems.