Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Give It Up

January 1st is the start of our 15 days of prayer and fasting. I encourage you to give up something in your daily schedule and replace it with extra prayer time. If you fast food, then take the time you usually eat and pray. Your can fast TV, or media all together (catch up on the blog later), the evening news, a daily show you listen to or watch, World of Warcraft time, other computer game time, e-mail at home, Face book, or many other things. Two years I chose to fast my car in January and walk everywhere. Walking and praying is great. I live close to everything I need on a regular basis, but it is usually cold!

Here is the blog challenge. Let me know what you are fasting! Post a comment when you figure it out and I will get a notification that you posted. Let's get creative about fasting and allow our creativity to spill over to others. What the Lord leads you to fast may help others know how to fast.

Give it up!

No comments: