Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Statistics Tell the Truth Sometimes

I am going to get honest with everyone and give you some numbers that disturbs me.

22 People did not open the e-mail newsletter I sent them in December (it hit their box and they deleted it).
5 People have e-mail addresses that no longer exist, but they have not changed their address in our system.
2 People have a mail box that is too full to receive an other messages.
1 Person has an ISP that blocks the newsletter from arriving in their box.

That means that 30 e-mail newsletter that I sent out mean t absolutely nothing!!!

Remember, that if I have you on the e-mail list, you will not get a newsletter in the mail.

What makes me even more discouraged is this, I can't get a report on how many of the paper newsletters are thrown in the trash without being read. If this is how bad the e-mail newsletters are treated, how bad are the snail-mail newsletters treated?

I really do try to give you information in the newsletter that I want you to know about. I want you to plan ahead and put God's business on your calender. I wish I could stop making announcements on Sunday mornings completely and trust people to read the bulletin and newsletter so that when we come to church we could just worship, pray and get serious with the Word. But, instead, I have to do the house keeping and give a bunch of announcements that are mostly forgotten because they are received verbally (they are in writing but people aren't reading them). Making announcements in church is a complete waste of time when they are all in the newsletter and bulletin. The only announcements should be emergencies or corrections.

Is there a song or something called, "This is My Christmas Wish"? Or is it "Christmas Prayer"? Whatever, this is one of mine.

No comments: