Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Weekend Rewind

Sunday was weird. That is the way it goes when you are under the attack of the enemy. I spoke on the resurrection of believers and don't you know, I was sick. I felt horrible when I woke up, but was determined to preach this message. Then, at church the computer network would not work properly and I had no connection to a printer to print my notes. I spoke from my laptop, which is fine except it ties me to the podium so badly. Then, in the first service we had several power outages. They were very brief, but messed up our projector, sound, and monitors for the second service. We need the monitors so that everyone in the room can see the words to worship songs.

After all that, I think the Lord did his work. We had a nice prayer time at the end. Also, this series of messages has opened up all kinds of questions from the congregation. My e-mail box is really getting them. I love the questions. They are teachable moments. I guess when I am teaching by e-mail they could be called tech-able moments? lol!

We had a nice 50+ dinner and it was great to connect with friends and really take time to sit and talk together. The more often our church runs over 140 in attendance the more that is invaluable one on one time.

After lunch I started felling bad again. Went home, went to bed, and slept till Monday morning. Still a bit stiff on Monday, but much better Tuesday morning!!!

No comments: