Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Give It Up

We are seven days into our 15 days of prayer and fasting. I am fasting my noon hour. I get a bit of a headache at the end of the day by not eating. But, I get some good exercise by prayer walking for a portion of the time. It is really good to change your prayer location. I find myself being drawn to pray for aspects of Washington that I have not been praying for as I walk past them physically. Change of pace + change of place = change of perspective.


I am interested in hearing from some of you about your prayer and fasting. I would love to share some testimonies on Sunday's from our prayer times. The testimonies don't need to be miracles of healing and the like, but miracles of closeness to God through extra prayer. Any testimony is welcome. I am also interested in sharing some of the creative ways that people are fasting. Be ready to share on Sunday, I will be asking.

No comments: