Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2009 Improvements

This year I wrote out a list of goals for my life in 2009. A few I have already met. Some are well on their way. Sunday, someone left a copy of U S News and World Report for my by my office. I guess they had read some of my goals for 2009. In the issue was an article with 50 ideas to improve your life in 2009. Here are the ones that matched my own gaols.

1. Bike to work.
2. Get a new toothbrush.
3. Pick up some new job skills.
4. Be a micro blogger (already started).
5. Learn Philosophy (I teach it at M.B.U.)
6. Make yourself an author (already started).
7. Keep a simple diary (already started).
8. Start a non-profit.
9. Watch TV free online (already started with my wife).
10. Recycle retired gadgets (already did it).
11. Study the life of Abe Lincoln (did it last year 6 volumes).
12. Eat your own spinach (did it last year, will repeat).
13. Give pottery a spin (already started with Fred).

OK, so based on this magazine article I am really gong to become a better person in 2009. And, God already directed me to write these things down before I read the article. Is God wiser than man or what?

By the way here are the ones I will not be following.

1. Move to Vermont.
2. Take an afternoon nap (not every day).
3. Investigate Edgar Allan Poe.
4. Lear to speak Russian.
5. Unscrew a bottle of wine.
6. Switch to a push mower (I have never spent more than $99 on a mower, I obviously push already).
7. Don't drive distracted (I have kids in the car, impossible).
8. Spread tolerance (well that depends on what you want me to tolerate).
9. Several other ideas for watching or listening to music or videos that I won't like based on the titles.

Well, there you have it. A better me in 2009.

Make sure you have asked God what your goals should be in 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

some good goals there. i made some goals for the year too.

Pastor With Coffee said...

Are they on your blog at attic youth? I checked it today. You should update it more and link it to your Facebook page. each time I post on Blogger, it shows up as a note on Facebook. Anywho, let's go get our goals together!