Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Rewind

I am just thinking to myself that for many people the term rewind means nothing. If you have never owned a Walkman, VHS player, or had a tape deck in your car rewind is like...what?

So, here is the definition from Wikipedia, "Rewind, or reverse the direction of a roll of magnetic tape or various kinds of film. This term has outlived physical spool-based media and is now also used in digital media." If you are young, and in the digital era and don't understand the term I suggest you watch the movie, Be Kind, Rewind, with Jack Black and Danny Glover.

Anybody remember when your Walkman batteries would start to die and the cassette tape would play slower and the song would change keys and get lower? I sing kinda' low and when that would happen I liked it. I could actually sing along with Striper and Petra. It would last a few hours and then the thing would go totally dead and it was new batteries and back to normal speed for my Christian rock fix.

Enough of that.

Sunday was great. Worship was beautiful and people really got involved. I started a practice that I really hope to refine, of involving more people in leading the parts of the service. Also, I worked hard to preach short and actually dropped off the entire last point of the sermon in both services to end at a decent time and allow time for prayer.

Maybe tomorrow I will post the notes to the sermon since there was no handout. I really felt strongly about this message. Keep your eye out for them.

No comments: