Tuesday, May 19, 2009

13 Billion Lost

I just heard a report that says that grocery stores loose 13 billion annually in un-scanned items that are mis-scanned at the cash registers! I don't think I have any of these items in my bag based on my bill! I was stunned at this huge number. In an attempt to be fast and efficient stores are essentially sloppy enough to miss products that are actually passing through the hands of the checkers.

I know this is sad, but what if everyone who started with Jesus Christ at our church in the last 6 years stayed with Jesus? We are stunned at the sloppiness of grocery stores, and at the same time we don't even care about our own.

Think of the correlations! An honest store owner approaches the counter. An honest seeker approaches the Church. They actually give the products willingly to the professional. The seeker honestly gives their heart to Christ. The professional misses something and items are not scanned. The church misses something and new Christians slip through our fingers.

The advertising works. The product is accepted and liked! The deal is not completed.

Lord give us attentive hearts, hands and eyes!

No comments: