Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You Have A Diadem

People in out church have taken a 90 day challenge to read the entire Bible in 90 days. My wife and several others are on track, I am about 12 days behind already. I am starting Leviticus today and should be in Judges.

Reading through Exodus I noticed that the High Priest was to wear a crown with an inscription on it, "Holy to the Lord." I don't think that the crown was holy to the Lord, though it was a holy item for God's service. I think the inscription was intended for the Priest. The man, the servant, is "Holy to the Lord."

As a New Testament believer we are a part of a peculiar people a holy nation a royal priesthood. You are set apart for God's pleasure and purpose. Being holy is not only being pure in holiness, it is being set apart from the common things of life for the God's pleasure and purpose.

You may not see it. You fortunately don't have to carry around the weight of it physically. But, you have a glorious and weighty crown upon your head. You are marked by its splendor today and inscribed upon your crown is the inscription, "Holy to the Lord."

No comments: