Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Bible Reading

Today I finished reading Leviticus. This is my 17th time through the book. This time I took note of all the rules for remaining ceremonially clean. To stay clean a person has to avoid an awful lot of stuff.

Here is the bottom line. if I had to be conscience of that many particular things throughout my day and interaction with people I would have to think about God all the time! The trouble starts when we fall into the trap of thinking about the law without thinking about the law giver!

It was a real wake-up cal to me. I need to be more conscience of God and his word to me throughout my day. I should be more conscience of temptation and take even small temptations to be rude, lazy, unsympathetic, unmerciful, or thankless more seriously.

Finally, can you imagine having laws in place in your society that are enforced by your priest or pastor? No king in Leviticus. No elected officials, just priests and an occasional prophet to keep us accountable in our eating and drinking, honesty, household cleanliness, and sexual life. In Christ we do have liberty! The law of the Spirit of life set us free from the law of sin and death. Let's not use our freedom to be careless with our relationship with God.

1 comment:

Compassionate Living said...

I have a business in Washington known as Compassionate Living...I have a guy that needs assistance with paying his co-payments on his medications each month....do you have a program or grant that assists people in the community?
I would like for you to come our place & find out about Compassionate Living!
I'll await your reply.
Thank you for your time in this matter.
Donna Dieckman, LPN
Compassioante Living