Monday, August 24, 2009

Dreaming

When I was in High School I had only been a Christian for six months when God directed and called me to be a Pastor. I spent a lot of time dreaming about what it would be like to be a Pastor in those days. One of my biggest questions was, "What will the people in the church I pastor be like?" I was willing to pastor any church, in any town God wanted, anywhere in the world.

Sunday was the annual picnic and it was the funnest picnic ever! Not the largest attendance ever, we were off by ten. But, it was the most fun, EVER! I had better help. We had better activities. We had more friendship making than ever at a picnic. It made me have a reoccurring thought.

Recently, I have had a reoccurring thought. All those years I dreamt and wondered about the people I would one day pastor. I prayed for the people I would one day pastor. I knew that when I was in High School there were a bunch of other High School kids in some other town that would be my board some day and so on. Today I have this reoccurring thought, these are the people I have prayed for. These are the people God has ordained for me to pastor and serve.

I am not a perfect Pastor. People in our church are not perfect people. But, I like them more and more all the time! Being a good pastor means some sacrifices along the way. But, what a great opportunity (and life) to be a pastor.

3 comments:

dylan glastetter said...

we love you and appreciate all you and stephanie do.

Rev Chris M Fluharty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rev Chris M Fluharty said...

Hey Paul I am so glad to hear you are not having the issues that have plagued me. After New Haven I wen to an even more hate filled and mean spirited group. At least in New haven we had some friends and a few loving families. Where I went to never even tried and it was the worst year I have ever had in ministry. I pray you never face that sort of thing. Glad here it is going well for you. Tell John I miss our rides to fellowship meetings discussing theology and philosophy. You all take care.