Thursday, February 18, 2010

Still Catching Up


As most of you know I returned from Africa last week. We were able to build all four buildings that will encircle the central portion of the Bible School in Malabo. We also had opportunity to visit and minister in the Bible School and two churches last Sunday. Since then life is almost all catching up. Yesterday and today are the first days that I really feel like I am moving ahead well.

Today I given the opportunity to talk about the Africa trip to first graders at Washington West. It was like a civic lesson. They paid full attention for 55 minutes which is a lot for first grade kids. I had lots of pictures, some souvenirs and currency for them to see. Tomorrow I will give a similar presentation to the Challenge Students.
Our kids (and adults for that matter) take so much of what we have for granted. Clean water at a faucet, food at the grocery store, and electricity in our homes. Not all places in the world have these consistently supplied. Let's not take God's blessings in our lives for granted. Then, let's consider how we can help others!

No comments: