Monday, March 22, 2010

Living H2O

Yesterday was perhaps the best water baptismal service I have ever been in. An amazing sense of excitement! Ten people were baptized. There was an amazing sense of excitement in the whole thing. Pastor John, Dylan and I had the privilege of baptizing people.

I know that for some people who were baptized, this was a step in a personal journey that has been amazing and powerful. The stories and testimonies of each person who was being baptized was very rich. As a Pastor you kind of have a little more insight into what has been happening and it is amazing to think about.

We will have our next baptismal service in the summer. I know that we have several kids who want to be baptized at the next opportunity and we want to move on this. if you are a parent of a Children's Church age student please talk to them about H2O baptism. Make sure they know why they are being baptized. If you ask them why they want to be baptized and the answer is, "I don't know." Then they may not understand what they are committing to or what God is doing in their life. If you have questions about how to talk to your kids about baptism let me know so I can help you. Don't miss these opportunities!

No comments: