Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Rewind

My weekend was crammed with work! I left town Thursday night with my 5 year old daughter Elizabeth after worship practice. We drove two hours to my parents farm and then stayed up till 1:00 a.m. watching Mary Poppins, which Lib had never watched. We woke up early Friday morning and began making preparations for hog butchering day. My family is a farm family and making our own meat is a bit of a tradition, even if it is a ton of work. Saturday we processed four hogs. Then I drove home Saturday night for church on Sunday. The best part about the whole process is spending a huge amount of time with my family.

So, Sunday I was really sore, my throat hurt from Saturday's smoke (I spent a lot of time next to a kettle and fire) and I was tired. However, we had great services on Sunday. I felt like the sermon was not my best, but God worked in the services. Worship was great all morning. When we all worship together it makes a huge impact and I think God is pleased. The tithe and offering was unusually amazing. Praise God for his provision.

Sunday night we had Small Group at our house. Pretty full house. The study ended up helping me more than anyone else as far as I can tell. I really needed it by Monday morning.

No comments: