Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Faster Than You Think

Well, Saturday was the race day. I finished in 23:40. I did not think I could, but I did. Recovery has been very difficult. Recovery was never this slow in High School. Monday's run nearly killed me.

One of my life rules from running is, "You can run faster and farther than you think you can." Just when you think you can't run another step, a car pulls out without seeing you and you make it several more steps! Just when you think you are going as fast as possible, a big dog jumps out of a yard at you and you sprint away. The lesson learned, "You can run faster and farther than you think you can."

The first sub five minute mile (4:57) I ran was in a 5-K race. I still had two more miles to run. Should I stop or slow down? No. Other things will cause me to slow down later. I can run faster and farther than I think I can.

Often Christians think that other Christians will be the ones who really succeed with God. Others will go on mission trips, lead friends to Christ, be prayer warriors, and be used in spiritual gifts. What do I think? I think that you don't realize how far and fast you were actually made by God to run.

Paul said, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." "Finished the race..." does not just mean, well, I lived my whole life. It means that he ran. I ran the race set before me. I did it the way God intended. I achieved the God given goals for my life. Finishing life easy, everyone will eventually. Running the length of the race, that takes determination and God's daily help.

No comments: