Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Rewind With DQ!

Wow! Sunday was exceptional...even with a business meeting thrown in the mix. Sunday morning was a new record attendance for a regular Sunday. The only Sundays we have ever had a larger congregation in attendance was on the last two Easter Sundays. We had some sound trouble in the first service, but some of that was my fault, not Tony or the sound people. Even though, God moved in frist Service. Second service was great. God was working.

After the business meeting there were about 40 of us that went to Dairy Queen after a fun and fast 45 minute meeting. The fellowship was so loud and excited that the workers were not able to yell the number of the order that was up. In getting to spend some one on one time with people I found out something that was really neat. I want to be a part of and raise my family in a church where people feel free to move out of their seats and worship at the altar. I didn't realize that for some people that may be an act of obedience because the Lord clearly said to them, "Move!". God is ready to change us and mold us when we yield to Him. I hadn't really imagined what could seem like such a simple act of worship for one could be such a profound act of worship for another. It was a WOW moment for me. Dairy Queen was a great way to end a great day! Thank you, Lord.

No comments: