Friday, February 4, 2011

Tough January

This first month of 2011 has been a bear! But, it has also been fruitful in spite of trouble.

In one month I have trained the new part-time Pastor's Secretary and adjusted to the Church Secretary being part-time also. I have had seven days with the flu, missing one Sunday morning. I have been off my feet three days due to foot surgery and drastically slowed down for four more. Stephane had the flu for four day and Elizabeth for four days. We have canceled church for bad weather two times, not a big time saver for me by the way, it takes me considerable time to make the decision and then contact everyone.

We kicked off our capital campaign, published two church newsletters, edited and updated each page of the church website, created a 19 minute video on the vision of the church and scheduled 11 PIE meetings for February and the first week of March. I don't remember my hours the first week of January, but the other three were 68, 68, and 80 hours. I think it is safe to say that I worked 250 hours or more in January. The 80 hour week included me being sick on my day off and taking a sick day in bed.

I can't wait till vacation in June! Which by the way, looks like I have to reschedule for July because of snow days, Youth camp, Challenge Camp and MEGA Sports Camp.

God is doing and is going to do great things in 2011! I am thoroughly convinced that this MUST be a breakthrough year for the future of our church. But, that breakthrough will mean a ton of work and a heavy schedule.

No comments: