Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bible Reading

I am keeping my eye on my goal. I want to read the Bible through as many times as I am years alive. I am still behind. I can and will catch up. Have to make up for my first 16 years of no regular Bible reading. My first time through the Bible was as a Sr. in high school.

Why do I want to do this?

1. Reading the Word is a faith builder. The more I read, the more I believe. Even if I have already read it once in the last year.

2. Reading the Bible straight through is good for comprehension and understanding the context. In my last read through I came to realize that the highest moment, the apex of the book of Exodus is not the Red Sea crossing, but the glory of the the Lord at the tabernacle. Context, Context, Context!

3. I take, and write, notes in my Bible. I have one "Scribble Bible" that I have five sets of notes in. Each time I went through that Bible, I used a different color pen. I am now filling up "Scribble Bible" number two. some day I will start number three. These will one day be wedding gifts to my children.

Take twenty minutes a day and read the Word. Four chapters a day and you finish in one year.

No comments: