Monday, March 28, 2011

A Great Text

Today a man sent me this text. I have permission to post it. It is in reference to The Journey, our capital campaign. "God is Good. My wife and I decided to raise our 3 year giving goal yesterday (for the campaign) because we felt we could do our goal no problem. So, we bumped up our goal in faith to see God work. Well, this morning I got another raise at work and wasn't due for one until October. That makes three in one year, which is unbelievable." I can't promise that every person who makes a sacrificial committment to The Journey will get a raise at work. We don't give to get. But, if you are giving simply to please God, from a heart of generosity, I believe that you will see God work in your situation too. I don't know which creative way he will work, but you will find out how faithful he is. Just this morning Stephanie and I had the exact same conversation, we too decided to raise our goal beyond our ability. It was a real joy to get this text within about ten minutes of the conversation with Stephanie. It was confirmation to us about our own conversation.

No comments: