Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Journey Goal

We have been announcing our goal for The Journey, our capital stewardship campaign. Our goal is to raise $300,000. Now, let me tell you a secret. We set that goal several months ago. Two things have happened since we set the goal. First, our campaign consultant returned to us the research on our giving records from last year. That research helps our consultant determine what the average church in our situation could raise. He says that it is possible for a church like ours to raise $350,000 in three years. Second, our attendance and giving has increased dramatically in the last three months. So, here is what you will be seeing in the next week or so. 1. Our Campaign Goal - Our bottom line goal that we must reach is $300,000. 2. Our Challenge Goal - If we really take up the challenge of giving sacrificially and by faith we can reach $350,000. 3. Our Miracle Goal - If we take up the challenge and God moves mightily, we can blow all the averages away and reach $400,000 in our campaign. If God moves mightily, we will be able to move faster in the relocation process and do it with less debt! Stephanie and I have been praying for months that God would move us with little or no debt. And you know me, I pay down debt! I have proven it with my life. I am trusting that God will allow us to do the same with his house.

No comments: