Thursday, January 5, 2012

Daniel Students

I want some Daniel students in our church. This week I am reading the book of Daniel in my devotions. This is how we are introduced to Daniel.

"...bring in some Israelites...young men without physical defect, handsome, showing aptitude for every kind of learning, well informed, quick to understand, and qualified to serve..." Daniel 1:3-4

We are out to reach every student we can with the gospel of Jesus. Then, we must equip them to become the most excellent people that they can possibly be. This week I am focused on making our student ministries to youth and children more equipped to produce Daniel students.

My challenge to you is that you help Pastor John, Dylan, and me fight this fight. Fight for the youth ministry at our church. Push it to be excellent. Join in the work of making it excellent. I want students ministries to be fun, but fun is not the mark of success in ministry. It is only a very basic starting point. Building people who are excellent in Christian character, knowledge of God, and seriously striving to build their talents for service are the marks of excellence. We may not be perfect, but we can be excellent! We have young men and women with the raw materials to be Daniel students. Now we need to fight for their potential to be excellent.

No comments: