Wednesday, April 18, 2012

God Sings Over You!

Zephaniah 3:17 says,

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.”

It is true that the God of the Bible is our judge. But, most people only think about him as our judge. He is also our Father. Have you ever sung over your children? I do. You don't have to sing well for it to be cool for them. My dad was a horrible singer, but I always liked to hear him sing in our old farm truck as we worked together.

I learned a little bed time song years ago and I have sung it to my kids over and over, and I sing it over them, confirming my love for them.

Now, did you know that God takes such delight in his children that he sings over them? Knowing how I sing over my kids, I think that is pretty cool. Very powerful!

No comments: