Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Weekend Rewind

Good morning! It is Tuesday and I am in Springfield, MO at our District Council. I am able to begin my work day early, because I am at the hotel and have already prayed, read the word and talked to my wife wishing her a good day. On a normal Tuesday I am done praying and then helping my family get ready for the day at this time. I normally read the word by myself an study between 7:45 and 9:00 a.m. Enough of that.

This last Sunday was AMAZING! I am so proud of our church! We had the highest Celebration Sunday attendance on Palm Sunday. We had the highest Easter Sunday attendance in our Church history on Easter. Yesterday, we had our highest regular Sunday attendance ever. Then on Sunday afternoon, we had our largest baptismal service ever with over 150 in attendance and our largest number baptized at one time.

It is not all about numbers. But numbers count because every number is one soul that Jesus died for that we are loving, serving, and encouraging to follow Jesus! Jesus would have given up his life for any one of these numbers. So, YES, numbers matter.

The other reason it is not all about numbers is because quality matters. We moved our service times one hour later, 9:30 and 11:15 a.m. The intended consequence was accomplished! First service was 151 and second service was 63. Our goal was to build the early service and make room for more visitors in second service. The other quality was the great passion and attitude of worship and prayer response in both services. If people in the Washington, Missouri region want to meet God, our congregation will provide the individual and personal examples to follow to do just that.

No comments: