Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Declarations

I have seen a lot of friends on Facebook posting declarations.  It seems to me that the key word in these declarations is the personal pronoun, "I."  I declare that I am...

Without splitting hairs, it would be more correct to state what God declares.
God says, "You are forgiven."  Thank you Lord for your forgiveness to me!
God says, "...by his (Jesus) stripes you are healed."  Thank you Lord for healing for me!
God said, "I am going to prepare a place for you."  So great eternal hope is mine!

I am thankful that the promises of God are mine because Jesus is my Lord.  I am glad that I don't have to earn God's promises by stating them over and over to come true.  Just trust him.  We don't earn miracles and blessing by saying the right things repeatedly.  We receive all God's gifts and blessings because we love and trust HIM.  And, he loves us always.

Stay positive.  Keep saying positive things because you are positive, not just to get something in return.  Keep trusting the Lord, not your own effort.  The effort that pleases the Lord is not effort to earn his blessing, but effort to love him more.  His love for us is so abundant!  His love is amazingly faithful!  Let's let our love for him be growing toward that abundant and faithful love in return.

No comments: