Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Virtual Reality

Ecclesiastes 10:10 is one of my favorite Scriptures.

If the ax is dull and the edge unsharpened,
more strength is needed,
but skill will bring success. (NIV)

I love the passion of this view of life.  No victim mentality Bible reader will make this their theme verse!  This is an, "I will win," attitude. 

If my tools are dull, then I can overcome with more strength, greater effort and time.  If my tools are dull, I will sharpen them.  I can increase my effectiveness by working to be sharper and more efficient with my limited strength and time.

Finally, when my strength and effincey are not enough, I need skill.  The same word Solomon used in this verse, is the word he used in Proverbs 1:7, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..."  When my strength is all used up, and my resources completely spent, I know that God's wisdom and ability will step in to help me be successful at accomplishing his will.

The starting point for this wisdom and skill is the respect of God.
Respect of God will develop a true perspective.
Respect of God will eliminate a victim mentality.
Respect of God will create the work ethic to sharpen and swing hard.
Respect of God will bring success.

No comments: