Monday, January 23, 2017

Worship the Lord.

I was praying this morning for all kinds of requests.  I prayed for people, their problems, people in the hospital, people with family problems.  After a while, it gets a little heavy.  I try not to carry worry for others, that is unhealthy.  I do my best to pray hard, trust God and move on.  I can not be mentally bogged down into negativity by others problems and often, bad choices.

Then, I remembered to worship the Lord Jesus Christ.  He is Lord.  Not the elected leader, but my king and the King of Kings.  He is also first among many brothers and that makes me his peer in another sense.  He is fully man and I feel his desire to be connected to me in his humanity.  Jesus is my Lord and I daily make him my master, but his is also my friend.

When we worship the Lord Jesus Christ, we are lifted from the weight of our troubles into the glory of his presence.  We enter his majestic court with praise, where he is seated on the throne.  When I worship him, I am reminded that he is my foundation, my corner stone, my provider, and the giver of the Holy Spirit!

I worship the Lord because he is worthy.  But when I worship the Lord, I often receive so much more from him than I could give back to him in worship.

See these: Mathew 6:25-34; 1 Timothy 2:1; Revelation 19:16; Romans 8:29; Philippians 2:6; James 2:23; Psalm 100:4; Matthew 7:24; Psalm 118:22; Philemon 1:6; Matthew 3;11

No comments: