Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Too Much On My Plate

We are in our Every Day Series of messages, and this week we are all striving to be persistent in our private place of prayer.

I hope that you have already experienced more of God in the last two days by taking the time to pray in the morning. This is one sermon where I have convinced myself of the need for more prayer, earlier in my day! It has already been great for me.

Let me challenge you with a thought. What's on your plate today? We use this term to refer to the responsibilities that we have to deal with. There are certain things on my plate that I have no choice to remove. God is my first priority. I am a husband and Stephanie is my second priority. I am a father and Gabe, Ben and Elizabeth are my third priorities. I am a pastor, my fourth priority. I have employees to pray for and lead. I own my home and property, which is another priority. There are many others down the list.

There are some things on my plate that I don't really need. I could be reading and learning something that could change my life, rather than watching the news that I already heard earlier in the day on the radio. Why watch the weather report again when it has not changed, if it even matters. I don't need to stop for another cup of coffee every time (I know, contradicting my blog title). I don't have to waste time on useless things.

If I got rid of the non-priority items on my plate, how much more clear would my plate be for my daily private place of prayer? If you removed some useless things at night could you go to bed and wake up early ready to give God the first 30 to 60 minutes of your day?

Every day we are bombarded with false information form our surroundings. We need to start Every Day by getting the truth into our heads and God's peace in our hearts.

God Bless,

Pastor Paul

No comments: