Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Day of Prayer

Monday I worked all day with a man that is absolutely perfect to work with! It was the best day of ministry for me in a while.

I set Monday aside, the whole day, to pray for people who need Jesus. Thanks to everyone who turned in a card with names for me to pray for yesterday.

Here are some interesting findings:
1. I was able to pray through the stack of names three times.
2. One name was on three different cards, so I prayed for that person 9 times.
3. 10 names appeared on two different cards and those 10 names were prayed for 6 times.
4. The third time through the stack a thought dawned on me that raised my faith. God has heard me pray at least twice today and now a third time for every person. Since he responds when we pray, I believe that these individuals have had three encounters with the Holy Spirit in one day. Three calls from the Holy Spirit in one day. This is more useful than 100 phone calls from the pastor.

Side note: I found three white mushrooms while I hiked and prayed in the woods. Nice treat with dinner Monday night.

Paul

1 comment:

Doug said...

Paul,

Thanks for the post on my blog, dougsfoggiestideas.com. Nice to see you have joined the bloggosphere. It is a great way to stay connected to your people. You had asked a question about blogging...make sure to get the new book that just came out, "The Blogging Church". I am reading it right now as well. It is full of great ideas. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers. We went over 300 Easter Sunday. It was awesome. Not too bad for our 13th service. Thanks for helping us get started. It means more than I could express with words. Keep up the good work in Washington and know that I prayed for you today!! Tell Steph & the troops I say hello.

On the Journey Together,
Doug