Friday, April 13, 2007

New Revelation

This morning I was reading Revelation (the last book in the Bible). I was amazed by some things.

First, having read through the New Testament a bit quickly, I was getting large chunks of the text in my head at a time. So, after spending a whole lot of time reading Paul's writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit I got used to Paul. Then I read Peter and John. For the first time I really think I noticed the stylistic differences in the writers. There is just a different feel.

Second, reading Revelation I learned some new things. Jesus was unhappy with some of the churches eating food sacrificed to idols. Paul left it as a matter of conscience, but Jesus simple said he was not pleased. I think there are some things that the church does today that Jesus would jump up and say, "Hey, I am not honored by your actions!"

Third, I love reading about John's description of Jesus! Hair like wool, eyes like fire, face like the sun, a voice like many waters, feet like brass from a furnace, and a sword coming out of his mouth. We (humanity) were so struck with Jesus' first appearance that we enshrine those humble physical images in art and imagination. It is our nature. But, if we could only see him NOW! he is not humble, but exalted. He is not meek and mild, but mighty and masterful. He is not quiet, but conquering. He is resurrected and glorified and he is praying for me!

Want Jesus to be praying for you? Call on him (Just start talking to the Lord and you will be praying.) and he will lovingly receive you, forgive you for any fault, and begin praying for you too. The Bible says he is interceding for the saints. Become a saint today!

Paul

No comments: