Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Out of Town

Today pastor John and I are at our District council. It is basically a business meeting for all the churches in the southern half of Missouri.

Last night we heard a great message from Dr. George Wood titled, "The Beaches of Paul." It is based on four of the various beaches that Paul encountered in his missionary work. Dr. Wood is such a great thinker and does such complete research even for his illustrations.

We were also introduced to seven new missionaries. I was stunned to see that one of the missionaries going to Nicaragua, Steve Sobey, was a Jr. Higher in the youth group I used to pastor. Boy did I feel proud and old! It was great to connect with him again.

Please remember to pray for the campus of Virginia Tech this week. Also pray for the Chi Alpha ministry of the A/G that is at VT. As you pray, pray that our schools will be places of learning, not terror. Our schools, primary, secondary and at higher level es need the presence of Christians to be what Jesus called "salt" and "light." Pray for the Lord to do the healing that is necessary for those impacted by the shooting. Also, pray that God will take this tragedy motivated by evil and use its horrible effects to make many people better people.

Gotta' go,

Paul

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, I heard George Wood just the other week at one of my classes at CBC. Even my mom heard him speak in Oklahoma City years ago. Good speaker, huh. Too bad I couldn't have seen you guys when you were here. Well, hope to see you in a few weeks. Take Care! Heather