Monday, May 21, 2007

A Great Weekend

Let me start by saying CONGRATULATIONS to the graduates of Washington High School! We will be giving a gift to each graduate this Sunday at the start of the 10:15 a.m. service. We will then be praying for them as they head out into new territory.

Friday I spent the day helping my brother unload his moving truck. It was a lot of work. He has finished his Master's degree and has applied for further study.

As we worked together I realized how important it is for family to help one another fulfill the calling God has placed on their lives. My brother feels called to work in the academic world teaching in higher education. I know my parents helped me a lot when I was starting in ministry. Now I hope that I can help the rest of my family.

It is not just about helping family. It is about feeling a confirmation regarding their calling and taking part in it with them. If every Christian would find out what God's calling on their life was they would experience this adventure also. Your efforts for your family become efforts in God's kingdom, as well as service motivated by love.

If you want a double blessing helping you family, especially your High School Grad, find ways to help them find and fulfill God's call on their life. When they feel a calling from God it puts a whole new set of purposes and rewards to their efforts and to yours as well.

Paul

No comments: