Thursday, May 17, 2007

Tired but Happy

This morning I met one of our men at the coffee shop at 7:45 a.m. Pastor John and I did not leave the hospital last night till midnight. When the lady at the coffee shop asked how I doing I told her the truth, "Tired but Happy."

Last night's membership class was extremely refreshing for me! I love opening up a Wednesday night discussion. Several folks in the congregation had awesome insights and there were great questions. The hardest questions always lead me, after reflection and study, to the greatest answers that prove that God is even greater than I had previously thought. That is why I love hard questions.

We had an awesome discussion about salvation and ended by praying for a friend who has quit smoking. Then we cut up her cigarettes with a paper cutter to visualize and completely end their hold on her life.

On an other note, pray for my brother Steve and his wife Mindy. Steve graduated from Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary last Saturday with an M.A. in theology. He is applying for other graduate programs now and is seeking the Lord's will. He is coming through town tonight and we will get to hang out! His education quest may lead him to the St. Louis area. I want God's best for him.

Paul

1 comment:

Matt Scheperle said...

Hey Paul,

Great blog. I enjoy reading what you have to say. Well, I will keep Steve in prayer. Say hi to Stephanie for Melinda and me. Talk to you later. Matt S.