Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunday Summary

Today has been quite a day. The message for today about Spiritual Deserts kicked off our Sizzling Summer Hot Topics Series. This message is both timely and timeless. I will post the notes tomorrow.

After church I headed home to change out of comfortable church clothing into funeral type clothing. Then I attended a 1:00 funeral and dinner and went back to the funeral home for the next visitation. I think I will make a top ten list of things I don't want at my funeral. All things which I have actually encountered at other funerals. Remind me in a few days. I guess I will need to follow that with a list of good funeral experiences too.

Please keep the folks in our church in prayer this week. Weeks with multiple funerals in a church effect more people than you think. Often we don't realize all the relational connections in our church.

I have just put the finishing touches on the funeral service for tomorrow. My family is in St. Louis taking my sister-in-law who stayed with us this weekend back to the airport. I am going to run a few miles, clan up the yard, hang with the kids and put them to bed. God is good.

No comments: