Monday, September 24, 2007

Friday and Saturday

Friday and Saturday were packed but fun.

Friday is my day off. It was hot and the kids were tired of our house and the back yard. So, after our weekly visit to the donut shop, we headed into St. Peters to the mall. We took the kids to Toys-R-Us, that took 80 minutes! Everyone learned to use escalators without the help of mom or dad! Friday night we went to our small group and I took a friend for his first time.

Saturday I woke up early and drove to Steelville, MO to do some leadership training, primarily focusing on discipleship. The Pastor is Jerry Beers, and he has a great story and ministry. He grew up in Steelville and is now back home as Pastor. He knows everyone in the entire town, I think! Because of that he gets loaded with funerals. It is like he is pastoring the town, or the unofficial municipal chaplain. We had a great time together. When I returned home I went to worship practice and then, straight home to take the boys fishing. It was a beautiful ending to a busy day.

No comments: