Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Rewind

Today I am getting back from a Christmas break. I had a great time with family and some friends. I really was able to do a lot of reading on Monday and Tuesday. I read the emancipation proclamation yesterday. It was not what it is hyped up to be, but it was interesting to read. You can tell that Abraham Lincoln was a lawyer by the way it is written. It is amazing to think how drastically that document changed peoples lives, and not just the slaves who were set free. I have not yet found the answer to one question. Why did the emancipation proclamation leave out several counties and the city of New Orleans? I may find the answer as I continue my reading, but I don't get that one yet.

My three kids are really getting into the gift opening thing this year. In past years it had not been a big deal to them and they did not really understand the whole process. We had what seemed like a mountain of wrapping paper to haul out to the trash can Tuesday afternoon.

Christmas day was just me, Steph and the kids. We stayed home all day! It was strange to think that as the years go by, these will be the people that I will spend most of my Christmas holidays with. Its a good thing I like them so much! We head off to my family get-together this weekend.

The best news is that the kids understand what Christmas is all about. Not gifts, food or Santa, but the celebration of Jesus Christ's birthday. Their favorite movie this month has been, "The Very First Noel." A computer animated version of the Christmas story. I think they have watched it 50 times!

I hope your Christmas was blessed.

No comments: