Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend Rewind

I have received a great number of positive comments about the message Sunday. People have used the words, "Inspired," and "inspiring," several times. People in first service, second service and even two comments on the message in the Cedar Crest nursing home service. These comments have had a huge impact on me. I have spent a lot of time in the past 24 hours thinking about the response.

So you know, I am asking my self three questions. First, what did I do right? Second, what did God do that I can never do? Third, what did I do that kept me from hindering God?

I know that there are some things that God alone can do. When people complement me on a message I always realize that some of their comments have to do with things that I did not do at all! In asking these three self-assessment questions I am trying to focus on making sure that I am doing what God wants, and not doing things that hinder him from doing what he wants.

Here are three big things that pertain to my part. I preached a shorter message. It was about 20 minutes, down from 32-33, my average time. The next big thing is that the coffee break before the message gave people a needed mental break in a 75 minute church service. Finally, I had a lot more notes and stuck to them so that I would not go too long. I want to say exactly what God wants me to say, then stop and let him do what he wants.

No comments: