Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Rewind

Sunday was very busy. Today we moved from the loving God portion of Love University to the loving our neighbor part of the series. It never ceases to amaze me how difficult it is to love our neighbor. Whenever I preach on forgiveness or loving our neighbor I always hear numerous stories and difficulties from people about their struggles. I think people truly want to please God and truly want peaceful relations wit people. Its just never that easy. Loving God is easy, he is perfect. Loving our neighbor is hard, they mess up all the time. Just remember, your somebodies neighbor too.

We had a great time of prayer in the 10:15 service. I think that God wanted to do some work in people's lives. People had a lot of prayer requests. It is amazing to me this year how much larger the load of needs are in a church when the attendance is raised by just 15-20 people. After praying we sang some upbeat songs and you could just hear the relief in people's voices because they had faith that God was helping them.

In the afternoon I went to new Haven Assembly of God to lead worship. I felt horrible leaving after worship, but I needed to get back to Washington so that we could leave for my father-In-Law's birthday party. There is a lot of responsibility that can be delegated in ministry, but family can never be delegated. I need my family and my family need me. There is just no substitute.

I had a great time with Stephanie's family.

Monday John and I leave early for District Council.

No comments: